?Blessed are the?meek, for they?shall inherit the earth.??? Matthew 5:5
?Human nature is ever struggling for expression, ready for contest; but he who learns of Christ is emptied of self, of pride, of love of supremacy, and there is silence in the soul. Self is yielded to the disposal of the Holy Spirit. Then we are not anxious to have the highest place. We have no ambition to crowd and elbow ourselves into notice; but we feel that our highest place is at the feet of our Saviour. We look to Jesus, waiting for His hand to lead, listening for His voice to guide.??? Thoughts from The Mount of Blessing, p. 15
There is no happier place in life than knowing that you are in harmony with God in all you do. This harmony exists when Jesus is sought after, and the exaltation of self is abandoned, recognizing that the sinful ?heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick.? (Jeremiah 17:9). Humility, meekness, is the key to letting the Holy Spirit develop in you a truly beautiful, Christ-like character.
Will you ask Jesus to take away your prideful desires, your self-centered ambitions, and your love of supremacy? Will you ask Him to replace them by enabling you to practice gentleness, meekness, and humility, starting today?
- Claudia P.: ?I praise God for His tender mercies are new not only every morning, but every moment! He has been good toward my family and me beyond what words can express. I praise you Lord!?
- Rose K.: ?Praise God for the 100 Days of Prayer! Every day I am prompted to do something new, or I see new changes in other believers. Afterward, I realize that what I saw was actually an answer to the prayer request in the 100 Days of Prayer. It is amazing to see how the Holy Spirit is working!?
- Pray for Jesus to make you humble and meek.
- Pray for members in Uganda who are affected by recent floods. The flash floods have left many houses destroyed. Many are now homeless amidst the lockdown.
- Pray for Adventist teachers around the world as many are facing financial difficulties due to not being able to work.
- Pray for young people to realize the importance of serving God and not the world.