“But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.” – Galatians 5:16
“If the power of indulged appetite was so strong upon the race, that, in order to break its hold, the divine Son of God, in man?s behalf, had to endure a fast of nearly six weeks, what a work is before the Christian! Yet, however great the struggle, he may overcome. By the help of that divine power which withstood the fiercest temptations that Satan could invent, he, too, may be entirely successful in his warfare with evil, and at last may wear the victor?s crown in the kingdom of God.” – Counsels on Diet and Foods, 167.
Sin has and is disrupting our lives on all levels. Sin brings imbalance into our lives and leads human beings to go into extremes. In the area of diet and lifestyle this results in various health problems that have negative effects not only on us, but also on others.
Only in the daily connection with the Holy Spirit can we find the strength and ability to become temperate in all things.
Will you choose today to ask God to enable you to be temperate in your diet, your use of time, your media consumption and your overall lifestyle? Will you take hold of His grace and trust in His ability to give you victory as you rely only on Him?
- Jay W.: I prayed specifically for God to open opportunities to connect with my neighbors during this time of pandemic since I don’t really know them. God answered my prayer and I have been able to establish a connection with them. I know He has a plan for their salvation!?
- In early April Adventist World Radio in collaboration with the Moldova Union held evangelistic meetings on Facebook, YouTube and Zoom. Twenty-eight local pastors in Moldova began broadcasting on these media outlets. As a result we now have over 25,500 names of people we are following up with, and over 40 people have signed up for baptismal classes!
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to develop in you temperance in all things, especially when it comes to appetite, media consumption, and sleep.
- Pray for the church in northern Uganda. The Adventist message is being broadcast via radio, which is seen by other denominations as an attack. Pray that hearts will be melted and many will find the truth!
- Pray for the homeless ministry in St. Louis, USA. Pray for all who are involved in this ministry to be a Spirit-filled reflection of Jesus as they serve the homeless.
- Pray for an end to the COVID-19 pandemic.