“Heal me, O’Lord, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved, for you are my praise.” – Jeremiah 17:14
“The paralytic found in Christ healing for both the soul and the body. He needed health of soul before he could appreciate health of body. Before the physical malady could be healed, Christ must bring relief to the mind, and cleanse the soul from sin. This lesson should not be overlooked. There are today thousands suffering from physical disease who, like the paralytic, are longing for the message, ‘Thy sins are forgiven.’ The burden of sin, with its unrest and unsatisfied desires, is the foundation of their maladies. They can find no relief until they come to the Healer of the soul. The peace which He alone can impart would restore vigor to the mind and health to the body.” – ∂ Ministry of Healing, p. 77
So often we ask God to heal our physical illnesses, not recognizing that our most desperate need is spiritual healing first. Yes, physical maladies can at times feel more urgent and seem more painful than unforgiven sins in our lives, but make no mistake, nothing is more important than for our sins to be removed from us. “For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world [including your physical health] and forfeit his soul” – (Mark 8:36).
What is easier for you, to ask God for physical healing, or for a complete cleansing of your sins and power to overcome, especially your favorite sins? Are you willing to bear physical illnesses as long as you remain spiritually well?
Why not ask God right now to show you your need for spiritual healing today?
- God has provided ways for some of our Adventist hospitals to receive much needed personal protective equipment in order to treat COVID-19 patients.
- The AWR online evangelistic meetings have already attracted hundreds of thousands of views! God is reaching multitudes through the Internet in this time of crisis.
- Pray for a spiritual healing from sin, selfishness, and pride.
- Pray for an anonymous woman who has been under demonic attacks for 15 years.
- Pray for the ministry of a new Adventist addictions recovery center in Orlando, Florida, USA, which is helping to fight the opioid epidemic. Pray also for millions longing for freedom from addiction.
- Pray for the final night of the AWR online evangelistic meetings and for many to make a complete surrender to Jesus and the new learned truths.