“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” – Acts 1:8
“God’s servants do not all possess the same gifts, but they are all His workmen. Each is to learn of the Great Teacher, and then to communicate what he has learned. All do not do the same work, but under the sanctifying influence of the Holy Spirit they are all God’s instrumentalities. God employs a diversity of gifts in His work of winning souls from Satan’s army.” – Ye Shall Receive Power, p. 192
It is an exciting thing to participate in God’s work of drawing people to Jesus. You, with your talents, abilities and influence can be an agent of grace in this world! That’s fantastic! When your life is surrendered to God, and you are filled with the Spirit, He will empower you to do your part in the wonderful privilege of soul-winning! He will sanctify your skills and give you His spiritual gifts to accomplish whatever task He sets before you.
Will you today devote your life to the work of winning souls with Jesus? Will you trust that the Holy Spirit will empower you to do even seemingly impossible tasks? Will you ask Jesus to baptize you with the Spirit as you engage in reaching out to the world around you?
- Mary F.: Our Church has been blessed in being united in prayer during 100 Days of Prayer. The Church feels the peace of God, and the church sees the mighty hands of God.
- Ronald L.: During lockdown a small group consisting mostly of former Adventists and newly interested individuals were actively engaged in Bible study. As their district pastor, I met with that small group, leading in a revival worship service. At the end of the meeting we arranged for a foot washing and communion service and to our amazement a total of 52 members participated in the service of which, 60% of the participants were former and new members who accepted Jesus and made their bold covenant through communion service. I would like to Praise God for including Papua New Guinea in the 100 Days of Prayer on Day 57. God answered your prayers the next day May 23 by leading His lost sheep back to His fold. Praise God!
- Pray for churches in the Caribbean islands who on top of dealing with the pandemic now have to prepare for the 2020 hurricane season.
- Pray for the ministry of the Ellicott City Adventist Church, MD, USA, as they collect masks, gloves and goggles for medical personnel.
- Pray for the Setagaya Youth Church which is working to build relationships with the community around it. Please pray as youth and their leaders look for creative ways to serve their city.
- Pray for an Urban Center of Influence in San Jose, Costa Rica, which offers music and exercise classes, family counseling, Bible studies and more. Please ask God to bless this outreach and send the people who most need to know Him.