?O our God, will You not judge them? For we have no power against this great multitude that is coming against us; nor do we know what to do, but our eyes?are?upon You.?? 2 Chron. 20:12
?God would not have us remain pressed down by dumb sorrow, with sore and breaking hearts. He?would have us?look up and behold His dear face of love. The blessed Saviour stands?by?many whose eyes are so blinded?by?tears that they do?not discern Him. He longs to clasp our hands, to?have us?look to Him in simple faith, permitting Him to guide?us. His heart is open to our griefs, our sorrows, and our trials. He has loved?us?with an everlasting love and with loving-kindness compassed?us?about?Think of this, children of suffering and sorrow, and rejoice in hope. ?This is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.??1 John 5:4.??Thoughts from the Mount of Blessings, p. 12
What does it mean to keep our eyes on Jesus? What happens sometimes when our eyes are blinded by tears? What is God longing to do? Just as God?s heart is open to our sorrows and grief, so our heart should be open to the sorrow and grief of others. How can we extend His arm of compassion and tender sympathy to those around us today?
- Pray for those that are broken, for those that have recently lost loved ones, and for those struggling to feel that God is still near.
- Pray for church members facing challenges from the COVID-19 pandemic across the country of Canada. Pray for strength and peace, and healing. Pray for spiritual revival and that the gospel will advance throughout Canada as a result of these challenging times.
- Pray for selfless love and giving to be the life of church members worldwide. Pray that those who have more resources would reach out and share with those who have less.
- Pray that church members worldwide would put away their differences and come close in Christian fellowship, pleading for the Latter Rain.
- Pray that church members worldwide would take personal responsibility for sharing the gospel with those around them even in the wake of large evangelistic events being canceled.