?The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion. Declare among the people his doings. When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.? Ps. 9:9-12
?An earnest prayer offered from a contrite heart by one who desires to do the Master?s will is of more value in God?s sight than is eloquence of speech. The human agent may have no voice in legislative councils, he may not be permitted to deliberate in senates or vote in parliaments, yet he has access to God. The King of kings bends low to listen to the prayer coming from a humble, contrite heart. God hears every prayer that is offered with the incense of faith. The weakest child of God may exert an influence in harmony with the councils of heaven.??That?I?May?KnowHim, p. 270
As one author likes to say, ?Pride doesn?t listen. It already knows.? Are there ways that perhaps you?ve allowed pride to influence your listening skills? Are there ways perhaps that you?ve allowed pride to rule your tongue, or even dictate your prayers? If so, pray that God would show you how to ask forgiveness from those whom your prideful ways of speaking and living may have wounded. This is tough, but if God is to hear our prayers, we must put away pride, both between ourselves and especially against Him.? (Look up James 4:10, Isa. 57:15)?
PRAISE REPORT: We praise God that He is in control of this world and He still sits on the thrown. Although life seems out of control right now for many of us, we can rest in the security of the everlasting arms who promises He will never leave us or forsake us. Remember, He saw all this COVID19 pandemic before it came upon our world, and nothing touches us unless He allows it. So if we are struggling with sickness, with financial loss, or other trials and pain?let?s praise God that He?s still on the throne and what the enemy means for evil He can turn to good.
- Pray for those especially who have no voice to fight for themselves or get the help they need during this crisis.
- Pray for the children, the elderly, the vulnerable, and the single mothers struggling to survive.
- Pray for the refugee populations camped throughout Europe, Greece, and other countries around the world. Pray for provision for their needs, for healthcare, and for their rights as human beings to be upheld.
- Continue to pray for the many missionaries that are huddling down at their posts of duty in various places around the world. Pray for provision for their physical needs and safety.
- Pray for continued strength and rehabilitation for those who have recovered from the Coronavirus. Pray for healing for lungs, and strength to return to normal life.