“If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.” – James 1:5
“The God whom we serve is no respecter of persons. He who gave to Solomon the spirit of wise discernment is willing to impart the same blessing to His children today…. When a burden bearer desires wisdom more than he desires wealth, power, or fame, he will not be disappointed. Such a one will learn from the Great Teacher not only what to do, but how to do it in a way that will meet with the divine approval.” – Prophets and Kings, p. 31
Jesus is Wisdom. He knows at all times which is the wisest course of action, the wisest counsel, the wisest way forward. Life presents us with many challenges, whether related to your vocation, your family, your ministry, we are always in need of divine wisdom. Praise God, He is more than willing to give wisdom to all who ask!
Do you desire to exchange the foolishness of your own thoughts for the wisdom which comes from God? Are you willing to accept God’s advice even when it goes against the “wisdom” of the world and your own ideas? Will you open your heart to Jesus’ wise counsels that lead to a life of righteousness and love?
- Enock C.: May glory and praises be rendered unto the Lord. During the lockdown we had a daily in-depth study of the book of Genesis as a family being led by our 27-year-old son. It was a great blessing to realize how rich the book of Genesis is. Now we have developed a culture of Bible study as a family!
- Robert C.: An intercessory prayer line was opened the whole week for an online evangelistic series I just finished for the Arizona Conference. Scores were baptized in churches, river and pools!
- Pray for divine wisdom to be made known to you as you spend time with God.
- Pray for Adventist churches, schools, and institutions as they prayerfully, and carefully consider reopening measures.
- Pray for Adventist singles, to experience fulfillment in Jesus, and find a godly spouse.
- Pray for the Tokyo Adventist Hospital, which has been serving the city for more than 90 years. Please ask God to bless and grow their work that the people of Tokyo may find both physical and spiritual healing.