?Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and?rejoicing?of my?heart; For I am called by Your name, O LORD?God of hosts.? Jer. 15:16
?There is?nothing more calculated to strengthen the intellect?than?the?study of?the?Scriptures. No other book is so potent?to?elevate?the?thoughts,?to?give vigor?to the?faculties, as?the?broad, ennobling truths of?the Bible. If God?s word were studied as it should be, men would have a breadth of mind, a nobility of character, and a stability of purpose that is rarely seen in these times.??Christian Education, p. 58
What is something that has been especially meaningful or brought joy to you in your study of the Word recently? Why don?t you take some time to share that joy with someone today.
PRAISE REPORT: New York City was expected to be way overcrowded in hospitals with no beds and not enough ventilators. But, while they have been very full, they still have some space left in hospitals, and we praise the Lord that they have not run out of ventilators. This is an answer to prayer.
- Pray for those who work security positions, like police officers, and others. As civil unrest grows due to the lockdown in certain parts of the world, pray for protection for these men and woman.
- Pray for the former Soviet Union Euro-Asia Division territories, which include countries like Russia and Siberia. Pray that despite the difficultly in witnessing, that new effective methods of reaching the people will be developed.
- Pray for the hurting countries throughout the 10/40 window. Pray that God would provide people to share His love. Pray also that governments would allow the people to get food or work in their fields to grow food. Millions across India have been in lockdown and not allowed out of their houses, which means many are starving.
- Pray for wisdom for church leaders as they need to make significant decisions for the future as a result of the economic crisis we are currently facing.
- Pray for wisdom in how to cut expenses while not hurting people and still keeping the essential work and mission of the church moving forward.