?Jesus said to him, ?Thomas,?because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed?are?those who have not seen and?yet?have believed.? ? John 20:29
?Often?the?Christian life is beset with dangers, and duty seems hard to perform.?The?imagination pictures impending ruin before, and bondage and death behind. Yet?the?voice of God speaks clearly, Go forward. Let us obey?the?command, even though our?sight cannot penetrate the darkness. The?obstacles that hinder our progress will never disappear before a halting, doubting spirit. Those who defer obedience till every uncertainty disappears, and there remains no risk of failure or defeat, will never obey. Faith looks beyond?the difficulties, and lays hold of?the?unseen, even Omnipotence, therefore it?cannot?be baffled. Faith is?the?clasping of?the hand of Christ in every emergency.??Gospel Workers, p. 262
It is easy to believe what we see, but what about the things we cannot see? What are ways that we can grow our faith in God?s Word, even though we have not yet seen its fulfillment? We are told Faith is a gift. Based on Ephesians 2:8 and Acts 3:16, where do we get this amazing gift?
PRAISE REPORT: In Papua New Guinea outside evangelists, pastors, and lay preachers can no longer travel into the country, due to COVID-19 travel bans, for the previously scheduled Total Member Involvement event that was suppose to take place this May. However, the local people in Papua New Guinea had already been rallying together this past year holding tens of thousands of Bible studies, and initiating thousands of local meetings held by lay people and pastors. And they are already making plans for another big evangelistic thrust to follow after the current COVID-19 pandemic has passed. Again, what the enemy has meant for evil, God is turning to even greater good.
- Pray for God’s protection over the people and country of Papua New Guinea and also for God’s leading in decision making for the PNG Government and its health professionals as they battle COVID-19.
- Pray that what God does in Papua New Guinea through the local church members would be even more successful than the original plans that were made. Pray that there will be no tribal fighting as plans are made to move forward.
- Pray for believers who are incarcerated in different prisons around the world. Pray for strength to witness to fellow inmates during this crisis.
- Pray for a small bakery and mission center in J?nk?ping, Sweden to reach even more people, so that many will come know Jesus and accept Him as their Savior. Pray for more Bible study contacts and conversions.
- Pray also for the local churches throughout Sweden, which are small and composed of mostly elderly people. Pray that God would bring more young people into the churches in Scandinavia, and that He would protect these small congregations during this COVID-19 pandemic.