Newbold Church Service
Available LIVE every Sabbath at 11:15 AM.
(For previous services, scroll down to the bottom of the page)
News & Updates
Church Beyond Walls: We remain committed to the wellbeing of our community, and to this end, our 11:15 church service is open (only by booking), the Pathfinders and Adventurers are operating face to face, and we are looking at ways in which we can open the remainder of our ministries. We have been developing new ways to be, and to grow, as a church ‘beyond walls’. Live streaming of the Sabbath morning service will continue and resources for Sabbath School and Small Groups are shared above. A number of online giving options are available from the ‘Donations’ button above.
If you would like to volunteer and enable our church community to support each other where needed, please fill in this brief survey.
- Business Meeting – 19th June @6pm (for Zoom link email us)
- Members of the Newbold Church are kindly invited to a brief Business Meeting this evening (19th June) at 6pm in the church, in order to facilitate the selection of the Recommendation Committee. If you would like to participate via Zoom, please, email firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the link.
- Outdoor children Sabbath School – 26th June @ 9:30am (booking required)
- We would like to invite the children and their parents who usually attend our Children Sabbath School classes, for an OUTDOOR face-to-face session on Sabbath, 26th June at 9:30am. There will be no Zoom classes on the day. Registration is mandatory HERE
- Communion 26th June (kits and people in church)
- On Sabbath 26th June, we will share in the communion service during our live 11:15am worship. If anyone would like to obtain communion kits to participate from home, please, feel free to pick them up during the week from the church.
- Contemporary Picnic \ Worship – 26th June
- Enjoy a (weather-dependent) picnic/informal worship/sharing experience hosted by the Contemporary Service on June 26, 1 p.m. Feedback from our most recent discussion will be shared. Bring your favourite dish and a smile.😁 Location: Church grounds.
- Newbold Sisterhood
- Dr Eberechi Anucha will be facilitating a number of small group discussions on aspects of women’s health over the next few weeks, entitled ‘Beautifully & Wonderfully Made: Our Bodies, Our Stories‘. Register your interest by filling in the survey on HERE or on the Newbold Sisterhood Instagram page.
- Through a Glass Darkly – promo \ introduction
- A 6-week online mini course which wrestles with some of the most foundational and complex questions that emerge from our changed post-pandemic mission contexts. It is a conversational journey towards discovering your incarnational ministry and mission in the new normal. More details HERE.
ADRA – Adventist Development and Relief Agency
FOR URGENT ATTENTION: If you would like to donate to the ADRA Emergency Response for the people of St Vincent please follow this link. Your financial support is greatly needed and appreciated.
FOR YOUR ATTENTION: In response to the COVID crisis in India, ADRA International are soliciting your financial support. Thank you for your generosity.
As you are well aware, due to the pandemic situation, we are not contemplating a return to normal here in the UK any time soon. Our work supporting the community hubs here in the UK continues and our overseas projects are tracking slowly along the planned course, though, they all have been impacted by COVID-19.
ADRA is blessed with a church community here in the UK, who for so many years has been phenomenal in supporting our work. Our planned 2021 Ingathering/Appeal period is set to start on the 27th of March. We have however had to make the decision not to organise door-to-door fundraising in 2021 and we know that face-to-face fundraising in churches is also now unrealistic.
We are in a precarious situation and seek to increase donations via our website, by post or setting up a Direct Debit to support our work. Your prime resource for anything ADRA Appeal related is available on our website at www.adra.org.uk/agent which we will be continually updating over the coming weeks. We cannot do ADRA’s work by ourselves. We need your help. We need the help of all our members. It is only when we put all our efforts TOGETHER that we can help and change people’s lives.
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40
Together we can feed people. Together we can clothe people. Together we can educate people. Together we can quench thirst. Together we can save the neediest people of the world. Let’s do this together! Because only together, we can.
Bert R Smit – ADRA CEO