Newbold Church Service
Available LIVE every Sabbath at 11:15 AM.
(For previous services, scroll down to the bottom of the page)
News & Updates
Church Beyond Walls: We remain committed to the wellbeing of our community, and to this end, our 11:15 church service is now fully open (please, read the guidelines below). We have been developing new ways to be, and to grow, as a church ‘beyond walls’. Live streaming of the Sabbath morning service will continue and resources for Sabbath School and Small Groups are shared above. A number of online giving options are available from the ‘Donations’ button above.
If you would like to volunteer and enable our church community to support each other where needed, please fill in this brief survey.
24.07.2021 – Relaxation of guidelines – Beginning with the Sabbath of 24th July, the Risk Management Advisory and the Church Board are recommending the following changes (full document HERE):
- No bookings will be necessary to attend the service.
- The chairs will be placed back in rows as they were prior to the pandemic.
- On request, people will be provided with large cards to put next to them when sitting down, asking others to leave the seats next to them free.
- Everyone will wear a mask at all times (unless you have medical exemption).
- All are welcomed to sing. Wearing a face mask will help reduce the spread of infection.
- We will continue to provide hand sanitiser at entrances and key points such as toilets and expect everyone to make use of them.
- The building will be well ventilated by leaving all windows and doors open during the services and rehearsals..
- Some of the measures which are NO longer in place:
- Booking to attend
- Waiting in line outside
- Temperature checks
- One way system
- Limitations on using the bathrooms
- Children Sabbath School Summer Break:
- The Children Sabbath School department will take a well deserved break during July & August (ages 0-9). The leaders and teachers worked very hard in the face of challenging circumstances during the past year and a half. One of the greatest challenges they face is the shortage of teachers. We would like to urge especially the parents and those who God calls to teach, to contact us during these two months and volunteer to teach. Depending on the number of teachers available by the 15th August, we will assess the viability of opening Children Sabbath School in September. To volunteer, please, write to the following leaders:
- Age 0-3 – Carina Marques (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Age 4-5 – Alina Lutso (email@example.com)
- Age 7-9 – Diana Abril (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ADRA – Adventist Development and Relief Agency
As you are well aware, due to the pandemic situation, we are not contemplating a return to normal here in the UK any time soon. Our work supporting the community hubs here in the UK continues and our overseas projects are tracking slowly along the planned course, though, they all have been impacted by COVID-19.
ADRA is blessed with a church community here in the UK, who for so many years has been phenomenal in supporting our work. We are in a precarious situation and seek to increase donations via our website, by post or setting up a Direct Debit to support our work. Your prime resource for anything ADRA Appeal related is available on our website at www.adra.org.uk/agent which we will be continually updating over the coming weeks. We cannot do ADRA’s work by ourselves. We need your help. We need the help of all our members. It is only when we put all our efforts TOGETHER that we can help and change people’s lives.
‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40
Together we can feed people. Together we can clothe people. Together we can educate people. Together we can quench thirst. Together we can save the neediest people of the world. Let’s do this together! Because only together, we can.
Bert R Smit – ADRA CEO