“Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.” Matt. 7:7-8
“The rainbow round about the throne is an assurance that God is true, that in Him is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. We have sinned against Him, and are undeserving of His favor; yet He Himself has put into our lips that most wonderful of pleas, ‘Do not abhor us, for Thy name’s sake; do not disgrace the throne of Thy glory; remember, break not Thy covenant with us.’ Jeremiah 14:21. When we come to Him confessing our unworthiness and sin, He has pledged Himself to give heed to our cry. The honor of His throne is staked for the fulfillment of His word unto us.” Christ Object Lessons, p. 148
Reflect on the three different types of prayer as seen in Matthew 7:7-8. What is the significance of the rainbow around God’s throne? What is God’s pledge to us? What is staked against the honor of His throne? How does this give you confidence today?
- Pray for the ongoing health crisis throughout the United States and Europe. Pray that medical professionals can get the adequate supplies that are needed.
- Pray for health professionals, security workers, and essential government service personnel across the United States and around the world who have contracted COVID-19 while in the line of duty and service to others. Pray for healing for them.
- Pray for those living alone during this health pandemic, those struggling with fear, and those feeling the pain of isolation. Pray that they would discover they are not alone but that Jesus is right by their side.
- Pray for all churches in your local region that may have been closed because of the virus. Pray that congregations will find ways to stay “together” through internet live-streaming and witnessing in appropriate “social distancing” ways, and that many more will be drawn to the truth because of this time of crisis.
- Pray for that God would re-ignite fresh passion in the hearts of His people—fresh passion for His Word, for prayer, and for mission!