“For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.” Ps. 27:5
“God will do great things for those who trust in Him. The reason why His professed people have no greater strength is that they trust so much to their own wisdom, and do not give the Lord an opportunity to reveal His power in their behalf. He will help His believing children in every emergency if they will place their entire confidence in Him and faithfully obey Him.” Patriarchs and Prophets, p. 493
What does it mean to be hidden in the secret of His tabernacle? Why do we as Christians have so little spiritual strength? What are two actions that God is waiting to see in us? How can we practice these two actions right now during our present crisis?
- Pray for church members in the country of Fiji who are seeking to be a light even in the midst of a world in chaos. Pray that they would be pillars of hope and anchors of stability in these difficult times, reflecting the love of Jesus with all they meet.
- Pray for the local Hope station in Fiji to become a trusted media platform throughout the island and that God will use it to reach many for God’s kingdom.
- Pray for the Student Missionaries around the world who are weathering the COVID-19 pandemic away from home and loved ones. Pray for courage and strength for our missionaries.
- Pray for continued provision for those who are losing jobs, getting laid off, or wondering how to pay rent and utilities, and buy food when they can’t go to work.
- Pray for church members in Italy, France, Spain, Germany, and other European countries who have lost loved ones to the coronavirus. Pray for comfort and strength to pick up and carry on.