“As His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who has called us by glory and virtue, by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.” 2 Pet. 1:3-4
“Every promise in the Word of God is for us. In your prayers, present the pledge word of Jehovah and by faith claim His promises. His Word is the assurance that if you ask in faith, you will receive all spiritual blessings. Continue to ask, and you will receive exceedingly abundantly above all that you ask or think. Educate yourself to have unlimited confidence in God. Cast all your care upon Him. Wait patiently for Him, and He will bring it to pass.” In Heavenly Places, p. 71
What does it mean to have unlimited confidence in God and His Word? If every promise in the Word is indeed for us, as we are told, why are we still so often very reluctant to take God at His Word? What are some ways we could change our prayers of faltering doubt to prayers of confident faith? (Hint: Look up John 6:37, Heb. 11:6, and Rom. 10:17)
PRAISE REPORT: We praise the Lord for working out the technical issues with the HOPE AWAKENS series with It Is Written. We continue to pray for God’s provision and protection over this series.
- Pray for those who are currently listening and watching the “Hope Awakens” series with It is Written. Pray that many hearts and lives will be forever changed.
- Pray for those who are fighting COVID-19. Pray that God would give them the breath of healing physically and spiritually.
- Pray for all the frontline and essential workers, from medical staff to grocery store employees, and delivery services. Pray that God’s protecting hand would be over them as they serve others and keep our essential businesses open.
- Pray for the elderly who are stuck in nursing homes where family cannot visit. Some cannot understand why this is the case. Pray that God’s sustaining grace would be with them
- Pray for those who are struggling with anxiety, fear, and especially for those who live alone. If you know someone who fits the above criteria, pray for a way to reach out to them and show care—in a socially safe and appropriate way.