“Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.” 1 John 5:14
“In the prayer of faith there is a divine science; it is a science that everyone who would make his lifework a success must understand. Christ says, ‘What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.’ Mark 11:24. He makes it plain that our asking must be according to God’s will; we must ask for things that He has promised, and whatever we receive must be used in doing His will. The conditions met, the promise is unequivocal… We need look for no outward evidence of the blessing. The gift is in the promise, and we may go about our work assured that what God has promised He is able to perform, and that the gift, which we already possess, will be realized when we need it most.” Education, p. 258
Have you ever prayed for something that you knew was not God’s will, but you wanted it so badly, you kept praying anyway? Often hindsight is better than foresight. Why don’t you take a few moments today to look back and thank God for those specific prayers that you prayed that He did not answer, for now you see they were not in your best interest.
PRAISE REPORT: While we have lost loved ones to COVID-19, there are others that we’ve earnestly prayed for whose lives God has spared. Let’s praise Him for those instances where He has delivered. And let’s seek to hold on to our “Blessed Hope” as we trust Him with the losses we can’t understand,
- Pray for those in the Chattanooga Tennessee area here in the United States who just recently experienced a number of horrific tornadoes. Many lost homes and some lost life, and now in the midst of this COVID-19 pandemic, they are struggling to pick up the pieces.
- Pray for those in impoverished countries who have not been able to work. Pray for provision for food and needed supplies for church members in these regions.
- Keep praying for the health professionals on the front lines who are continuing to battle this epidemic. Pray for their health safety from COVID-19, and their emotional safety as they deal with the stress and strain of this pandemic.
- Keep praying for the many organizations, and small businesses who are suffering financially as a result of this lockdown. Pray for provision and wisdom how to move forward.
- Pray for wisdom for government leaders that they will know how and when to start opening up things again for the economy.