“For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Heb. 4:12
“Oh, that men would fear the Lord! Oh, that they would love the Lord! Oh, that the messengers of God would feel the burden of perishing souls! Then they would not merely speechify; but they would have the power of God vitalizing their souls, and their hearts would glow with the fire of God’s love. Out of weakness they would become strong; for they would be doers of the word. They would hear the voice of Jesus: “Lo, I am with you alway.” Jesus would be their teacher; and the word they minister would be quick and powerful, sharper than any two-edged sword.” Testimonies to Ministers and Gospel Workers, p. 143
As you reflect on Hebrews 4:12, how do you see the Word of God piercing your own heart? Have you been convicted by something you’ve read in God’s Word recently? Have you acted on your conviction, or have you pushed the promptings of the Holy Spirit aside? Share your thoughts with someone. Then pray that we as a people would not only hear the Word and love the Word, but that we would also seek to live according to the Word.
PRAISE REPORT: We praise the Lord in faith for the rich harvest of souls that He’s going to bring in response to the “Hope Awakens” evangelistic event. We praise the Lord for the decisions that have already been made for Christ.
- Pray for those that are in the middle of the COVID-19 crisis, who are either struggling themselves, or have loved ones struggling with the illness.
- Pray for peace for church members around the world who fearful and afraid, or who are feeling alone.
- Pray for the millions struggling throughout the Middle East, in countries like Iran, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Pray that in the midst of this crisis, God would open many hearts to the truth.
- Pray for the new plans being organized for the rescheduled General Conference Session which will now take place May 20-25, 2021, in Indianapolis. Pray that the session will be filled with spiritual, mission-focused plans and that the Holy Spirit will be in full control.
- Pray for the Latter Rain outpouring on the church, that the work can be finished so we can go home.