“One thing I have desired of the LORD, That will I seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, And to inquire in His temple.” Ps. 27:4
“I have a risen Saviour. In Him I trust, and He will never suffer me to be confounded. In His name I triumph. He is my righteousness and my crown of rejoicing. Let no one here feel that his case is hopeless, for it is not. You may see that you are sinful and undone, but it is just on this account that you need a Saviour. If you have sins to confess, lose no time. These moments are golden. ‘If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.’ 1 John 1:9. Those who hunger and thirst after righteousness will be filled, for Jesus has promised it. Precious Saviour! His arms are open to receive us, and His great heart of love is waiting to bless us.” Counsels for the Church, p. 48
What do you long for most? What is your deepest heart cry? Perhaps you haven’t thought about this recently. Perhaps you are just trying to survive. Or perhaps you think about it all the time. Take a few moments today to think about where you find your greatest joy and your greatest fulfillment. As you do, reflect on Psalm 27:4, and ask the Lord to give you a heart that truly hungers to be in His presence.
PRAISE REPORT: A Coronavirus video for the deaf has been produced by the West Africa Division in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire, providing important information on COVID-19 through signing and subtitles. We are thankful for these new resources being developed to reach all demographic groups.
- Pray that God would take care of His children in North Korea, South Korea, Japan and China. Pray for all eyes, even those of government officials, to turn heavenward as they recognize the signs of the times, and that Jesus is coming back soon.
- Pray for those that are part of the Possibilities Ministries. Pray for those that work among the deaf, the handicapped, and other special need ministries. Pray for those in the leprosy colonies, that they would not be ignored or forgotten during this time.
- Pray that as we recognize the nearness of Jesus coming we would all take time to seek Him with all our hearts and dig deeply in His Word. Pray that we would grasp the beautiful deep truths of Bible books like Daniel and Revelation.
- Pray for the missionaries that are huddling down at their posts of duty in various places around the world. Pray for provision for their physical needs and protection.
- Pray for continued strength and rehabilitation for those who have recovered from the Coronavirus. Pray for ability to regain strength and return to normal life.