“He has shown you, O man, what is good; And what does the LORD require of you But to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?” Mic. 6:8
“We are living in the most solemn period of this world’s history. The destiny of earth’s teeming multitudes is about to be decided. Our own future well-being and also the salvation of other souls depend upon the course which we now pursue. We need to be guided by the Spirit of truth. Every follower of Christ should earnestly inquire: “Lord, what wilt Thou have me to do?” We need to humble ourselves before the Lord, with fasting and prayer, and to meditate much upon His Word, especially upon the scenes of the judgment. We should now seek a deep and living experience in the things of God. We have not a moment to lose. Events of vital importance are taking place around us; we are on Satan’s enchanted ground. Sleep not, sentinels of God; the foe is lurking near, ready at any moment, should you become lax and drowsy, to spring upon you and make you his prey.” The Call to Stand Apart, p. 69
When you are facing a challenging decision, where do you turn for wisdom and counsel? Of course, we are told that in a multitude of counselors there is safety (see Prov. 11:14). But beyond the wisdom of our loved ones or those we respect, what principles do we find in God’s Word for how to make decisions? (See Prov. 3:5,6, Prov. 14:12, Matt. 6:33, Jer. 33:3)
PRAISE REPORT: The South American Division presented, as it has for the past 50 years, a special “Holy Week” evangelism outreach program across the division this past week. Usually, small groups meet in homes and churches, but due to the Coronavirus, the division offered the full program online with many more in attendance. The theme was “Love Written with Blood,” and featured special programming for children, teens, and adults. We praise the Lord for the creative ways that church leaders are helping share the love of God.
- Pray that those who discovered Jesus’ love for the first time, in these South American Division programs, would be able to develop a lasting relationship with Jesus that will only grow more beautiful with time.
- Pray that we all would use the extra time we have at home to study deeply in God’s Word and teach our children how to study and love God’s Word.
- Pray that God’s people would continue to be faithful with their tithes and offerings even in the midst of current economic challenges.
- Pray for those who are struggling to pay bills and keep food on the table due to the economic challenges that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought. Pray that God would continue to provide for His children and that there would be many testimonies of God’s faithfulness to share in the coming days.
- Pray for the church work in Lebanon that God would provide for their financial needs and help the mission of the church go forward.