“Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there anything too hard for me?” Jer. 32:27
“God will test, to the utmost, the faith and courage of those to whom he has entrusted responsibilities in his work. Appearances will often be forbidding. Although God has given repeated assurance of his help, yet faith will almost stagger. ‘Thus saith the Lord,’ must be our firm reliance, independent of human reasonings, or apparent impossibilities.” Signs of the Times, June 30, 1881, par. 15.
Since we know that greater trials and tests lay ahead in the future, how can we grow an unshakeable faith that will stand strong even under fire? Consider the story of the three friends of Daniel who faced the fiery furnace (See Daniel 3). What do you think prepared them to stand strong on that difficult day?
- During this time when so many people are having to stay at home reports are coming in of how God is opening amazing opportunities for online evangelism and other outreaches. Evangelist Robert Costa produced a number of online evangelistic meetings and 245,000 were online in a very recent online meeting. Evangelist John Bradshaw has just begun meetings with tens of thousands attending online.
- Pray for the health professionals on the front lines who are continuing to battle this epidemic. Pray for their health safety from COVID-19.
- Pray for political decision makers to know when it is safe to reopen countries that are on lockdown. Pray for a balanced approach that considers the health safety of citizens as well as the economy.
- Pray for the many organizations, and small businesses who are suffering financially as a result of the lockdown. Pray that people would find ways to help support small businesses, so they don’t have to be permanently closed.
- Pray for women and children who are in dangerous situations and need protection. Pray for ways to reach out to the vulnerable and weak in your own community.
- Pray for those who work in banks, grocery stores, gas stations, and other essential businesses. Pray that they would be protected from getting the Coronavirus as they deal with people coming for services.